From: David Mehler <dave.mehler@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-accessibility] setting up orca on gnome on gentoo
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 14:52:32
I'm trying to get orca going on gentoo. The gnome version used is
2.26. I've tried googling and asking on the orca mailing list, without
I installed gentoo following the handbook except used a serial
terminal, this is in a virtual machine as i unfortunately only have
one machine. Later i proceeded to install gnome, which failed. Before
the install would complete successfully libxml2 needed to be
installed. I next installed orca and started up gnome. I had to make
some changes to custom.conf so i could log in and loaded the
accessibility modules per instructions on the orca site. When i tried
to start orca via either the alt+f2, orca or in a terminal with orca
--text-setup i get to the second screen where i'm prompted for the
speech server always i choose gnome speech and then i hear no more
speech. I've also installed the java-access-bridge, but am assuming
there's a configuration step i'm missing.
Any suggestions appreciated.

Subject Author
RE: [gentoo-accessibility] setting up orca on gnome on gentoo James Homuth <james@×××××××.com>