From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-accessibility] out-of-date ebuilds?
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 04:06:07

Hi Zack,

first off, are you  familiar with the masked packages and how to use
them?  Some of the packages you want might not be marked stable yet.

Basically, if you want to use something that isn't stable,  you can do
something like this:

echo app-accessibility/emacspeak >> /etc/portage/package.mask

You can substitute any other package you want to use for
app-accessibility/emacspeak, it was just an example.  If there are new
versions of packages that you know about that are not in the tree, you
can file a bug at and request a version bump for
the package.

The way to get things moved to stable is to use them and report problems
to the bugzilla address I gave above.  If packages do not have bugs
open, they will eventually be marked stable.

On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 06:56:19PM -0800, Zachary Kline wrote:
> Hello, > (For some reason my emails to the list haven't been getting through > using my old address, so I subscribed this one...) > I've noticed that several accessibility-related ebuilds are out of sync > with the latest available from the upstream sources. Orca comes to mind, > as does Emacspeak and Speechd-El. I'm not terribly familiar with the > Gentoo ebuild creation process, nor with who, if anyone, is supposed to > maintain these. I do notice, for instance, that Orca is at 2.1 upstream > and 1.00 here. I don't want to fall behind, if possible, in terms of > features and such. > Is this an issue which I should report elsewhere? Should I try to make > ebuilds for these packages myself? > Thanks much, > Zack. > > _________________________________________________________________ > Find a local pizza place, movie theater, and more?.then map the best route! > > > -- > gentoo-accessibility@g.o mailing list >

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-accessibility] out-of-date ebuilds? Zachary Kline <Z_kline@×××××××.com>