From: Zachary Kline <Z_kline@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-accessibility] out-of-date ebuilds?
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 04:08:46
1 Hi,
2 I was familiar with this process, just didn't think it applied to these
3 particular packages. The ebuild version specification system is a bit tough
4 to get used to: version numbers in particular.
5 Thanks!
6 Zack.
7
8 ----- Original Message -----
9 From: "William Hubbs" <williamh@g.o>
10 To: <gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o>
11 Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2007 8:05 PM
12 Subject: Re: [gentoo-accessibility] out-of-date ebuilds?
16 > Hash: SHA1
17 >
18 > Hi Zack,
19 >
20 > first off, are you familiar with the masked packages and how to use
21 > them? Some of the packages you want might not be marked stable yet.
22 >
23 > Basically, if you want to use something that isn't stable, you can do
24 > something like this:
25 >
26 > echo app-accessibility/emacspeak >> /etc/portage/package.mask
27 >
28 > You can substitute any other package you want to use for
29 > app-accessibility/emacspeak, it was just an example. If there are new
30 > versions of packages that you know about that are not in the tree, you
31 > can file a bug at http://bugs.gentoo.org and request a version bump for
32 > the package.
33 >
34 > The way to get things moved to stable is to use them and report problems
35 > to the bugzilla address I gave above. If packages do not have bugs
36 > open, they will eventually be marked stable.
37 >
38 > Thanks,
39 >
40 > William