From: zkline@×××××××××××××.org
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-accessibility] Emacspeak
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 23:32:50
1 Hello,
2 The tweaks are as follows:
3 First off, you need to checkout the svn source, as I previously indicated. From there, make sure you have the Emacs URL package installed, as I've also explained.
4 Do a 'make config', and then a 'make emacspeak'. 'make install' can then be run, and you should get a mostly working system. The tweaks come into place mostly for my own personal preference of using Espeak as a speech synthesizer.
5
6 There is a file in /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/servers/linux-espeak/tclespeak.cpp. On line 612, change the type declaration from 'char' to 'const char', and run make. That will build the required library.
7 After this, go into /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/servers/espeak, and since Gentoo normally provides Tcl and Tclx 8.4, change the first line to #!/usr/bin/tclsh, and add somewhere before the first set statement:
8 package require Tclx
9 >From this point, things should work with Espeak as a synthesizer. I suppose they aren't really required tweaks, but they're what I did when I installed the system manually.
10 I hope this is clear enough.
11 Thanks, and do let me know if not,
12 Zack.
13 --