From: zkline@×××××××××××××.org
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-accessibility] Emacspeak
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 23:32:50
	The tweaks are as follows:
First off, you need to checkout the svn source, as I previously indicated.  From there, make sure you have the Emacs URL package installed, as I've also explained.
Do a 'make config', and then a 'make emacspeak'.  'make install' can then be run, and you should get a mostly working system.  The tweaks come into place mostly for my own personal preference of using Espeak as a speech synthesizer.

There is a file in /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/servers/linux-espeak/tclespeak.cpp.  On line 612, change the type declaration from 'char' to 'const char', and run make.  That will build the required library.
After this, go into /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/servers/espeak, and since Gentoo normally provides Tcl and Tclx 8.4, change the first line to #!/usr/bin/tclsh, and add somewhere before the first set statement:
package require Tclx