From: Zachary Kline <Z_kline@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-accessibility] Package Slots and Mbrola
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 20:58:28
1 Hiya,
2 I've noticed that it's possible to fairly easily run into a package slot issue with Mbrola. If I enable the Mbrola use flag for Festival, 3.0.1h-r4 is installed.
3 If I subsequently try to install FreeTTS, it tries to pull in 3.0.1h-r1...Should this possibly be fixed? The end result is that I get a mess when trying to update the system, which I really don't understand very well anyway.
4 Might somebody be kind enough to explain exactly what it means, and if possible how to fix it?
5 Festival is a dependency for Gnome-Speech, and so on and so fourth.
6 Thanks,
7 Zack.