From: Derek Roberts <bigd.vi.guy@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-accessibility <gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-accessibility] Re: it works! Mostly
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 20:02:47
1 Hey all,
2 Still trying to figure this out. I re-emerged at-spi-registryd, dbus
3 and gconf with all the debugging stuff, and tried running
4 /usr/libexec/at-spi-registryd in gdb. Here's what I get:
5 Starting program: /usr/libexec/at-spi-registryd
6 [Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
7
8 (process:10250): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: gtype.c:2710: You forgot to
9 call g_type_init()
10
11 (process:10250): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_new: assertion
12 `G_TYPE_IS_OBJECT (object_type)' failed
13
14 (process:10250): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_ref: assertion
15 `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
16
17 Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
18 0xb7c502b8 in set_engine (client=0x0, engine=0x8056030) at gconf-client.c:275
19 275 if (engine == client->engine)
20 (gdb) bt
21 #0 0xb7c502b8 in set_engine (client=0x0, engine=0x8056030) at
22 gconf-client.c:275
23 #1 0xb7c50845 in gconf_client_get_default () at gconf-client.c:466
24 #2 0x080507de in main (argc=1, argv=0xbfffeee4) at registry-main.c:201
25 I also get this in syslog-ng's console:
26 Apr 24 14:32:06 craptacular kernel: at-spi-registry[5881]: segfault at
27 c ip b73732b8 sp bfe77b70 error 4 in
28 libgconf-2.so.4.1.5[b734e000+36000]
29 Anyone know what could be wrong here? I emerged gconf with the
30 policykit use flag if it helps. Consolekit and dbus are started as
31 well. I have no idea what could be wrong with it lol.
32 I tried running at-spi-registryd from a debian image (I'm not sure
33 what version of at-spi that is though), and it works mostly, although
34 the gnome panels aren't accessible. Also, I can't open the menu or run
35 app dialog, nothing happens when I hit alt+f1 or alt+f2. Makes me
36 think there's something more interesting going on...
37 Thanks,
38 KJ4UFX
39 {.i doi .tcikoritys. mi cuxna ba'e do}