From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-accessibility] What Access Features?
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 19:28:38

Hello Cleverson,

As far as I know, the only thing we have on our live cd (the
installation cd) is speakup, so if you have a hardware synthesizer it is
possible to do an installation with speakup.

Also, sshd is on the cd, so it would, in theory, be possible to do a
remote installation once you get the cd booted up and start sshd.

We have several software synthesizers in gentoo.  Festival, emacspeak,
espeak, flite, and several others are available.

We also have speech-dispatcher and speechd-up, so it is possible to use
speakup with software speech.

Gnopernicus and orca are also available for the gnome desk top.

Unfortunately, we do not, as of yet, have an accessibility guide.