From: Whitley CTR Cecil H <WhitleyCH.ctr@××××××××××××××××.mil>
To: "'gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o'" <gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-accessibility] 2004.2
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 18:24:16
I have an old athlon K6 300 mhz system.  It has one of the DecTalk express
ISA cards (DECTalk Express pc2?).  It is my understanding that there is a
program which will load the "firmware" for this card.  Is it in 2004.2?  If
not, is there an ebuild for it?  And what is the package name, assuming it

As a question, would this machine be enough to act as a router and would it
drive a cable modem connection at full speed?  Currently it has only 64mb of
RAM, but if I can find memory for it an upgrade is possible.  I may also be
able to scrounge a k6 550 for it as well.  Any ideas?

Cecil Whitley

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-accessibility] 2004.2 Deedra Waters <dmwaters@g.o>