From: Whitley CTR Cecil H <WhitleyCH.ctr@××××××××××××××××.mil>
To: "'gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o'" <gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-accessibility] 2004.2
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 18:24:16
1 Hi,
2 I have an old athlon K6 300 mhz system. It has one of the DecTalk express
3 ISA cards (DECTalk Express pc2?). It is my understanding that there is a
4 program which will load the "firmware" for this card. Is it in 2004.2? If
5 not, is there an ebuild for it? And what is the package name, assuming it
6 exists?
7
8 As a question, would this machine be enough to act as a router and would it
9 drive a cable modem connection at full speed? Currently it has only 64mb of
10 RAM, but if I can find memory for it an upgrade is possible. I may also be
11 able to scrounge a k6 550 for it as well. Any ideas?
12
13 Thanks,
14
15 Cecil Whitley