From: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@×××××.com>
To: Cleverson Casarin Uliana <clul@××.st>
Cc: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-accessibility] Re: [fenrir-screenreader] Re: fenrir-screenreader and gentoo
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2020 15:51:02
1 Just a few minutes ago I got speakup working on gentoo after a boot into
2 the new system! For as much difficulty as this was, I never figured I'd
3 live long enough to have that happen.
4 Once I got the kernel configuration and the other configuration steps
5 you sent me, I emerged espeakup it didn't bring espeak then emerged
6 alsa-utils and finally emerged portaudio then did a reboot.
7 Usb speakers not yet working but headphone jack on top of machine and
8 I'm pretty sure also in back of machine work. I can switch out speakers
9 since the other pair runs on traditional jack and has a power pack to
10 supply it.
11