From: Robert Greive <sonofthejedi@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-accessibility] speakup
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 00:59:36
1 >Can anyone correct me
2 >But are not festival supported on speak?
3 >If so can i use it tio install gentoo?
4
5 Short answer is no. :)
6
7 Long answer follows.
8
9 1) In 2006.1 there is speackup in the kernel, but no espeak or festival.
10
11 2) I don't think speackup will be on Gentoo anymore, as there was a bug
12 which started last year which meant that as of gentoo-sources 2.6.20-r5
13 the entire speakup was removed at the request of kernel devs.
14
15 I am also trying to do a livecd with festival in it. If I can st6ill get 2.6.20-r5
16 headers etc I will let you know how I get on. Apparently the chances of us seeing speakup
17 again are fair, so annoy kernel devs and offer to test for them. But be warned,
18 I did, and heard nothing.
19
20 Good luck!
21