From: Zachary Kline <Z_kline@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-accessibility] some Reports and Introducing myself
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 22:53:38
1 Howdy,
2 Just a note to congratulate you on getting the Gentoo installation up and
3 running. I have had a similar system up for a couple of weeks now, and am
4 glad to report that it isn't behaving eratically or causing trouble.
5 I might also be able to shed some light on the Speakup from CVS issue. The
6 Gentoo-sources kernel I have, 2.6.20-r2, seems to take CVS from late October
7 of last year. I don't think that's necesarily the most current version, but
8 have no way of being sure. I wouldn't advise taking that kernel and
9 patching the latest Speakup CVS into it: that might cause trouble.
10 Gentoo does offer a Vanilla kernel, though there are some caviots about
11 support and security updates. In any case, that is probably what you'd want
12 if you wished to patch speakup into the thing yourself. I haven't ever had
13 a need to do this.
14 Hope this helps,
15 Zack.
16
17 ----- Original Message -----
18 From: "Cleverson" <clever9@××××××.org>
19 To: <gentoo-accessibility@××××××××××××.org>
20 Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 3:45 PM
21 Subject: [gentoo-accessibility] some Reports and Introducing myself
24 > Hello all
25 >
26 > I'm totally blind and live in Brazil. I've learned a lot about Linux using
27 > the Oralux Distro, and currently I'm establishing an environment on my
28 > machine to migrate myself from MS-Windows definitively.
29 >
30 > Well, I performed a Gentoo installation from Oralux. It was a great
31 > chalenge
32 > for me to learn more about how the system works. Now the system is
33 > installed. I'm using the packages Speech-Dispatcher 1.6.1, eSpeak
34 > softsynth
35 > 1.20 and Speechd-up (don't remember the version; it's the newest
36 > available).
37 > I unmasked all the three ones. They seem to have no bugs, are working fine
38 > on my system, so I think you may mark them as stable packages.
39 >
40 > For now, I'd like to know if the 2.6.19-r5 gentoo-sources kernel, that's
41 > the
42 > one I installed, comes with the newest Speakup version from Speakup CVS.
43 > If
44 > not, I wonder if there is any problem trying to patch the kernel from CVS.
45 >
46 > Thanks,
47 > Cleverson
48 >
49 > "Be realistic; ask for the impossible."
54 > Yahoo! Mail - Sempre a melhor opção para você!
55 > Experimente já e veja as novidades.
56 > http://br.yahoo.com/mailbeta/tudonovo/
57 > --
58 > gentoo-accessibility@g.o mailing list
63 gentoo-accessibility@g.o mailing list