From: Keith Wessel <keith@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-accessibility] Grub2 and serial consoles
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2015 21:31:01
1 Hi,
5 Wondering if there's a way to have grub2-mkconfig include the lines needed
6 to enable a serial console in my grub.cfg. Can I add them to
7 /etc/grub.d/40_custom, or does that come too late in the file? I'd rather
8 not go hacking the headers include if I don't have to, unless that's the
9 right thing to do and Portage will be nice enough to not overwrite it
10 without first asking me.
14 I finally got around to upgrading to grub2! It went very smoothly. Since
15 grub2-mkconfig is available, I saw no reason to do a manual configuration. I
16 might have just found one, though.
20 I have a USB to serial adapter which I've been using as a great way to
21 handle emergencies when the system won't boot. I couldn't ever find a way to
22 get it working with legacy Grub, but it looks like, once I can identify the
23 USB port it's using, it's a matter of loading a couple more modules and
24 adding it to my terminal_input and terminal_output lines.
28 Qustion: can I add it to the 40_custom, 00_header, or something similar? Or
29 will I need to start maintaining my own grub.cfg?
33 Thanks,
34
35 Keith