From: Keith Wessel <keith@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-accessibility] Adding -q to brltty with systemd
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 21:34:28
1 Hi, all,
5 Back in the OpenrC days, I added -q to my brltty start-up to suppress the
6 various messages from brltty to the display, in particular the version
7 number at start-up.
11 I tried doing this with Systemd today by creating
12 /etc/system/system/brltty.service.d/quiet-start.conf. The file had only the
13 service section and, in it, a copy of the ExecStart line from the service
14 file under /usr/lib/system/system. Turns out silly Systemd interpreted that
15 as two ExecStart lines which isn't what I wanted and, of course, kept the
16 service from starting.
20 I'd rather not modify the service file under /usr. It'll only get clobbered
21 with upgrades. Is there a brltty.conf setting that enables quiet mode? Or a
22 different system service file keyword to tell it to use only my ExecStart
23 command-line or to add additional options to the ExecStart line from the
24 distributed config?
28 I figure I can ask on the brltty list on the system Gentoo forum, but I
29 thought I'd start here.
33 Any help would be appreciated,
34
35 Keith