From: Derek Roberts <×××××.com>
To: gentoo-accessibility <gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-accessibility] it works! Mostly
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 20:20:53
Hi all,

First, thanks to the devs for getting this all working! I installed
Gentoo using the live cd from March 8 a couple weeks ago (speakup and
espeakup work!). Had some initial issues (I forgot to put the
filesystem type for /dev/sda5 in /etc/fstab for my root partition!),
but it's been up for about a week now. I tried emerging gnome and
xorg-server a couple days ago, and am having this weird problem. After
I start gnome, I get orca's welcome message, but nothing else. I tried
logging into a console as my normal user, and setting DISPLAY to :0.
When I tried loading orca from there, I got an error saying it
couldn't find or activate the at-spi-registry daemon. So, I tried
starting /usr/libexec/at-spi-registryd manually. It gave me several
assertion errors, and segfaulted. Out of curiosity, I tried starting
at-spi-registryd from my debian filesystem copy. That ran ok (it did
throw a couple errors, but it stayed running), so I started orca. It
came up fine, and that's where I am now. I can start apps from my
normal user's console, but can't access the panels, run apps, or get
to the app menu in gnome. This makes me think I forgot a use flag or
something when I emerged gnome or one of it's deps. Has anyone else
had this problem and if so, what did you do to fix it?

{.i doi .tcikoritys. mi cuxna ba'e do}

Subject Author
[gentoo-accessibility] Re: it works! Mostly Derek Roberts <×××××.com>