From: John Robinson <jbr100uk@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-accessibility] Firefox and Thunderbird no longer work with Orca on my system
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 10:40:05
1 Hi everyone. I wonder if anyone could advise on the following. Firefox
2 and Thunderbird used to work very well on my Gentoo system. I recently
3 had to re-install everything from scratch, however and now, neither
4 Firefox (now known as 'Aurora') nor Thunderbird (now known as
5 'Earlybird') work with Orca at all. In both programs, Orca only speaks
6 the title bar, followed by the word 'Inaccessible'.
7 Apart from this, my Gnome-light desktop appears to be working as it
8 should. My version of Firefox is 17.0.3. My version of Thunderbird is
9 also 17.0.3 and my version of Orca is 2.32.1. My Gentoo kernel is
10 3.7.10 and my system's architecture is x86_64. If you need any more
11 information to enable you to help, please let me know.
12
13 Many thanks for any advice you can offer.
14
15 Yours faithfully,
16
17 John Robinson