From: Keith Hinton <keithint1234@×××××.com>
To: Nando <weboperative@×××××.com>
Cc: Gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-accessibility] Gentoo Linux 10 Speakup support | More testers needed!
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 19:46:19
1 Hi to those on the Gentoo accessibility list,
2 I have been in communications with someone whoms some of you on
3 Freenode may know as Likewhoa, who has been having me test Gentoo 10.
4 The particulars of this follow.
5 As I mentioned, Speakup seemed to work okay, at least on one of my
6 machines. But you need more than just one person testing the Gentoo
7 Speakup support, seriously. It is not enough for me to test, I don't
8 have a lot of time and currently don't have an AMD64 machine to test
9 Speakup support on. Also, the Gentoo handbook needs to mention Speakup
10 in the online handbook.
11 They haven't yet, as far as I am aware.
12 Please feel free to mention this to Mr. Hubs, the Gentoo-Accessibility
13 team lead, as I do need multiple people testing--I cannot test all the
14 time, I have school and much more important events taking up my
15 day/time.
16 I will still be happy to report on other issues, such as documentation
17 typos, errors in documentation, that needs correcting, etc.
18 If there is any other type of feedback I can do before release
19 (assuming) that you will actually have an official Speakup CD/DVD) and
20 will it be a LiveCD as well? Please let me know via email as soon as
21 possible.
22 If the Gentoo documentation team would like assistance in chceking
23 documentation for typos, I could read an HTML prepared document, and
24 make suer it wasn't typo-based. Though something tels me that the
25 Gentoo documentation team is pretty good at katching typos.
26 Maybe not, though. :)
27 Regards, --Keith
28
29 Thanks.