From: Keith Wessel <keith@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-accessibility] Accessible remote desktop client?
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 03:13:02
1 Hi,
2
3 I've recently been struck with the inclination to set up a Windows virtual
4 machine on my Linux box to serve as a secondary system if my work Windows
5 laptop isn't handy or is (hoping this doesn't happen) out of commission. But
6 hey, it _is_ Windows we're talking about.
7
8 I'm wondering if anyone can recommend any good accessible options for remote
9 desktop clients that will work with Orca.
10
11 If that can't be done, I can always get sighted assistance installing the
12 VM, then install Window-Eyes or Jaws and, assuming that Pulseaudio is doing
13 its thing through my inaccessible remote desktop client, should still be
14 able to fully use the system. But it'd be nice to be able to do the
15 installation and get to the point where I can install my Windows screen
16 reader, if that's even necessary.
17
18 If it makes a difference, I've decided to go with Virtualbox for my
19 virtualization platform. After past experience with Xen which is pretty
20 heavy weight and intrusive, Virtualbox has so far been refreshing to work
21 with in its lack of taking over the system and simplicity for setup. I only
22 hope I don't discover that this means poorer performance as a result. :)
23
24 Thanks for any wisdom,
25 Keith