From: Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o, gnome-accessibility-devel@×××××.org, brltty@××××××.cc, nvda@×××××××××.org, ubuntu-accessibility@××××××××××××.com, debian-accessibility@××××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-accessibility] Accessibility topic of LSM 2017
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 21:58:20
2                  17th Libre Software Meeting
3                       July 1-7, 2017
4                   Saint-Etienne, France
5                   http://2017.rmll.info/
6               Call For Papers and Participation
7          limited to accessibility topic
8      [we apologize for duplicate receipt of this message]
9          Last call before deadline : march *31st* 2017
12 Sharing of knowledge, freedom of information, community spirit,
13 exchange of ideas, technological progress: every year the Libre
14 Software Meeting (LSM) follows the Libre philosophy.
15
16 RMLL/LSM is a non-commercial series of conferences, round tables
17 discussions and practical workshops based on Libre/Free Software and
18 its uses. Its aim is to provide a platform for Libre/Free Software
19 users, developers and stakeholders.
20
21 Access to LSM is free of charge and open to everyone. The conference
22 will be held in Beauvais from July 1st to July 7, 2017.
23
24 We hereby announce the opportunity to submit papers for selection by
25 the technical review committee for the RMLL/LSM 2017.
26
27 This year again we would like to put a particular emphasis on
28 accessibility on the whole RMLL/LSM event. We will have our usual
29 workshop, as described below, but we would like to have accessibility
30 talks held in other sessions too, if possible all of them, as was
31 achieved in 2010 in Bordeaux.
32
33 We thus invite you to submit your accessibility talks to various
34 topics, so as to broaden the audience of accessibility questions.
35
36 Concerning our dedicated accessibility workshop, to better target the
37 various exchanges that will be taking place, the programme committee
38 of the accessibility workshop proposes several kinds of meetings:
39
40 - "Solution" meetings, with conferences  and round tables to present
41 solutions dedicated to previous areas.
42
43 - "State of the art" conferences between practitioners, developers,
44 scientists and users to discuss about what exists according to the
45 specific needs of users, what works well or a little less well,
46 to talk about approaches...
47
48 - "Technical" presentations between developers and scientists. This
49 will allow initiation of exchanges between communities that do not
50 necessarily have the opportunity to meet and will maybe lead to new
51 collaborations or projects.
52
53 Finally, a workshop area will be available to try out and exchange
54 tools presented by their authors or by seasoned users of those
55 solutions.
58 Information on workshops from last event is available on
59 - https://2015.rmll.info/accessibilite
60
61 Information on the previous global RMLL/LSM emphasis on accessibility
62 in 2010 is available on
63 - http://2010.rmll.info/+-Accessibilite,2-+.html
66 You will be able to attend conferences  on other related issues
67 such as "System Administration" (like Nagios, GLPI, Cfengine,
68 ...), "Development" (like NoSQL, Lucene, GCC, ...), "Law" (like
69 Licenses,OpenData, FSF, ...), "Internet" (WebGL, Jabber, Typo3, ...),
70 ... Conferences from last year are available on :
71 - https://2015.rmll.info/conferences-et-ateliers
72
73 If you are interested in participating, please have a look at the
74 topics presentation on
75 https://2017.rmll.info/pages/themes.html
76
77 and submit your presentation at:
78 https://2017.rmll.info/cfp/talk/new
79
80 Please feel free to share this information with others people who
81 may be interested. We welcome your participation and input and look
82 forward for a valuable meeting.
83
84 Deadlines =========
85
86 The following dates are important if you wish to participate to the
87 call for papers.
88
89 Abstract submission: no later than 31st of March 2017
90
91 Submission guidelines ====================
92
93 Speakers should submit an abstract in English or French ; about 400
94 words, and in 2 languages if possible. If accepted, this abstract
95 will be published on the website.
96
97 Submissions should be submitted via this form:
98 https://2017.rmll.info/cfp/talk/new
99
100 Submissions should also include the following:
101
102 * Contact information and Geographical location of presenter
103 (country of origin/passport).
104 * A brief biography.
105 * Any significant presentation and/or educational
106 experience/background.
107 * For technical topics: Reason why this material is innovative,
108 significant or an useful tutorial.
109 * Optionally, any outlines or samples of prepared materials.
110 * Information whether the submission has already been presented,
111 and if so, where.
112
113 Personal information will be used exclusively for the sole purpose
114 of the RMLL/LSM committee and shall not be shared with third parties.
115
116 If the paper is not accepted for the main session, it may be accepted
117 for a short-form or "lightning talk" session.
118
119 Travel Assistance ====================
120
121 Non-commercial and based upon volunteer work, RMLL/LSM are events with
122 limited resources. However, speakers who exhibit particular need may
123 receive a refund for their transportation charges at the discretion
124 of the selection committee. If you know the estimated cost of the
125 transportation, providing this will make it easier for us to obtain
126 a clearer view of the expenses that will be incurred.
127
128 Publication on the web site ======================
129
130 The abstracts and slides for the conference will be published on
131 the event web site. The files should use only open formats and the
132 contents shall be shared under a free license.
133
134 Web site =================
135
136 Event web site :
137
138 http://2017.rmll.info/
139
140 CfP website :
141
142 https://2017.rmll.info/pages/themes.html
145 Best regards,
146 Programme Commitee of the LSM 2017 accessibility topic