From: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-accessibility] proper speakup installation
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2014 14:22:38
1 I am doing a gentoo installation and would like to know what else beyond
2 the gentoo handbook basic installation instructions needs to be done to
3 have speakup come up talking again on my sound card as it now does during
4 the install process since I used speakup.synth=soft on the boot line when
5 starting the install process up. Perhaps a more general question would be
6 does a generic way exist to have all boot parameters I used come over onto
7 the hard drive permanently for me? Having skimmed Chapter 7 of the
8 handbook, genkernel sounds promising once the prerequisite steps are
9 handled. I don't know if that will be my best route so figured I'd best
10 ask here first. I may get interested in gnome and orca later if the hard
11 drive decides not to suicide shortly. I had another hard drive die on me
12 last week and am not interested in doing all of this installation work
13 just to have it all go up in smoke.
17 jude <jdashiel@××××××××××.net>