From: Gaijin <gaijin@×××××××××.net>
Subject: [gentoo-accessibility] About to try an installation...blind.
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 10:17:51
Hello all,

	I'm unfortunately running Debian Lenny, and all their software
is up to two years behind where accessibility and hardware support is
concerned.  I'm trying to find a good method for installing Gentoo, but
am having problems finding documentation on whether Gentoo supports
either SpeakUP or Jupiter screen readers, or if the Live! CD has Orca
available.  I've downloaded and burned the minimal installation disk and
am still looking for the non-torrent Live CD image, so haven't burned
that one yet.  I have found the "Install from another OS" documentation,
but am not sure if my screen reader (SpeakUP) will continue to run
during the installation.  I'm also wondering if when I compile the
kernel, how I may have to compile either SpeakUP, or patch the kernel
with the Jupiter screen reader.  Is there a howto anyone can direct me
to, or is SpeakUP already supported in one of the kernels on the
installation disk(s)?  TIA for any help,