From: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-accessibility] How to set up an accessible mate
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2014 20:00:27
1 Has gentoo got a mate-extras package? That's where orca is found in
2 archlinux if what I read on the support list is correct?
3
4 On Sat, 1 Nov 2014, Chris Brannon wrote:
5
6 > Cleverson Casarin Uliana <clcaul@××××.com> writes:
7 >
8 > > I'd like general instructions for setting up a mate environment with
9 > > Orca on Gentoo, just as we used to do with gnome. Has someone done
10 > > this already? Does installing standard mate bring up Orca as well?
11 >
12 > Looking at mate dependencies in portage, it doesn't appear that
13 > installing mate will automatically pull in orca, so you're going to have
14 > to do that yourself.
15 > There's a blog post describing how to get it running on Arch:
16 > http://stormdragon.tk/tag/linux/
17 > I don't think anyone has installed an accessible mate on Gentoo yet, so
18 > a nice project would be to try installing by adapting the instructions
19 > for Arch Linux to Gentoo. I'm vaguely interested in trying this
20 > myself. If I do, I'll report back on my findings.
21 >
22 > -- Chris
26 jude <jdashiel@××××××××××.net>
27 Twitter: @jdashiel