From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-accessibility] Gentoo AMD64 live DVD and software speech
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 22:01:18
1 Hi John,
2
3 We need the full output from the following commands:
4
5 lspci -vv
6
7 amixer
8
9 Also it would help if you can tell us which channels on your sound card
10 you usually unmute.
11
12 Thanks,
13
14 William
15
16 On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 10:38:23PM +0100, John Robinson wrote:
17 > Hi William. All my sound card channels were still muted when I started
18 > Alsamixer. In case it's relevant, the LSPCI utility describes my sound
19 > card as follows:
20 >
21 > 00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High
22 > Definition Audio Controller (rev 01)
23 >
24 > Alsamixer reports that my soundcard is of type HDA Intel and that the
25 > audio chip itself is a Realtek ALC883. If you need any clarification or
26 > further details, please let me know. I would very much appreciate any
27 > further suggestions or advice you may have.
28 >
29 > Yours sincerely,
30 >
31 > John Robinson