From: Toby Fisher <toby@×××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-accessibility] A few questions
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 07:36:19
On Mon, 10 May 2004, David Renström wrote:

> Hi! > > I've got a couple of questions regarding Gentoo. I assume that some of them > can be considered off-topic subjects. > > 1. Sometimes when I use emerge to install a new package, I get a weird > error about "src_compile" and the process is terminated. Is this a Portage > problem or is something wrong in my installation?
It depends on the error, don't forget, the error at the very bottom is just an emerge error, you need to go up till you find the actual error returned by the compilation. Don't forget, when updating packages, to use the D (capital d) option to make sure it catches *all* the libruaries etc.
> 2. I'm trying to setup a MySQL server on a Gentoo installation. The problem > is that I'm not able to access it from another machine using the MySQL > client included, neither running Linux nor Windows. The privileges are set > correctly (david at any host = %) and have been flushed several times. Is > port 3306 automatically blocked in Gentoo? If so, how do I unlock it?
Nothing is blocked in Gentoo, there are no firewall scripts installed by default, even Iptables is not installed by default, os I'd suggest checking your set-up again.
> 3. Does anyone know when the new BRLTTY version will be available in the > Portage tree?
I suspect that the answer to that is when it has been tested and the ebuild has been created and fully tested for it, but I'm sure one of the devs can help you with that. HTH -- Toby Fisher Email: toby@×××××××××××.uk Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272 Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239 ICQ: #61744808 -- gentoo-accessibility@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-accessibility] A few questions Deedra Waters <dmwaters@g.o>