From: Keith Wessel <keith@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-accessibility] Switching virtual consoles after logging into Gnome
Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 03:08:05
1 Hi, all,
2
3 I hadn't used Gnome in quite a while and logged in last week to find some
4 significant improvements in screen reader functionality and accessibility.
5 But I have a weird problem. After logging in, ctrl + alt + function-keys no
6 longer allow me to switch back to my text virtual consoles. Pressing those
7 keys while logged in to Gnome does nothing. If I log out, those keys then
8 work again. But if I want to get back to, say, virtual console 1 while being
9 logged into Gnome, I can't, at least not by the usual means.
10
11 I'm wondering if anyone has encountered this and, if so, if they've managed
12 to fix it. I'm wondering if it could be a keyboard map issue. I also
13 discovered that alt + F10 doesn't pull up the Gnome menu, and numlock is
14 always on; pressing it doesn't seem to turn it off. In fact, I've only been
15 able to use alt + F2 to open the command dialogue where I can then run
16 things like my browser or, to log out, gnome-session-quit. If it is my
17 keymap, can anyone advise me on resetting or changing that?
18
19 Thanks for any wisdom anyone can share.
20
21 Keith