From: Cleverson Casarin Uliana <clever92000@×××××××××.br>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-accessibility] no speech in GDM even after enabling related variables
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 00:24:42

I installed the stable Gnome 2.32 as found in the current portage tree,
then I followed along the instructions in the accessible login page of
the Orca wiki, but no success. Here are the commands I have echoed at
gnome-terminal, in this order:

chsh -s /bin/bash gdm
su - gdm
gconftool-2 --set --type bool  /desktop/gnome/interface/accessibility true
gconftool-2 --set --type bool
/desktop/gnome/applications/at/screen_reader_enabled true
chsh -s /sbin/nologin gdm

Then I added the gdm user to the audiio group in /etc/group.

After verifying that Orca was still not speaking, I went to
gnome-terminal again and ran as root gdmsetup, then enabled
accessibility in its respective tab, yet Orca remains silent at gdm. Any
tip please?

Thank you,