From: James Homuth <james@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-accessibility] New to the list, and a question.
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 02:33:42
1 Hello all,
2
3 I've taken a huge interest in Gentoo over the last year or so, and run the
4 OS on two servers at the moment. I want to turn an older HP laptop into a
5 Gentoo machine (it runs Windows XP atm), and eventually possibly my much
6 newer Dell machine (also running XP). My question is, has anyone using
7 Gentoo had any look with running Orca on Gentoo with anything other than the
8 Espeak synth? I'd prefer elequence, but I'll accept similar results if
9 anyone knows how I can get them. The Espeak voices I've heard are way too
10 over the top in the robotic department for my taste. I notice in an emerge
11 --pretend though that Espeak gets pulled in as a dependency, at any rate.
12 Does that mean others aren't supported? Any info would be greatly
13 appreciated.
14
15 James