From: James Homuth <james@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-accessibility] Trouble setting up gnome+Orca on Gentoo.
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 07:46:10
1 I can now positively confirm it doesn't look like I'm getting into gnome.
2 From tail /var/log/Xorg.0.log:
3 23: X [0x816441c]
4
5 24: X [0x813e01a]
6
7 25: /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions//libglx.so [0xb7a14b73]
8
9 26: X(main+0x4e4) [0x806f1a4]
10
11 27: /lib/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xdc) [0xb7a6a60c]
12
13 28: X [0x806e501]
17 FatalError re-entered, aborting
18
19 Caught signal 11. Server aborting
22 After that, I don't get returned to my original shell. I had to SSH into the
23 box, a laptop, to pull that log up. Again, any assistance here would be
24 greatly appreciated.
27 _____
28
29 From: James Homuth [mailto:james@×××××××.com]
30 Sent: June 12, 2009 3:11 AM
31 To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
32 Subject: [gentoo-accessibility] Trouble setting up gnome+Orca on Gentoo.
35 Hello,
36
37 I've recently decided to install Gnome and Orca, and went through the
38 configuring Gnome docs on the Gentoo website, but am not exactly certain if,
39 when running startx, I'm actually entering the Gnome environment. I'm not
40 seeing any logs in /var/log/gdm, so I'm assuming the answer to be a rather
41 enthusiastic no. I try control+alt+backspace to get back to the shell, and I
42 neither regain speech from speakup nor, I don't think, get back to the
43 shell. When I run startx, I can't run Orca using alt+f2, so am not entirely
44 sure if I'm even getting properly into Gnome. Any assistance on this would
45 be greatly appreciated, as Google's not turning up anything useful.