From: David Mehler <dave.mehler@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-accessibility <gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-accessibility] still having orca issues with gentoo
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 14:19:53
I'm trying to get orca going on two gentoo boxes. I got one going, and
not sure how. The problem was possibly muted audio, which was solved.
Muted audio is not the issue here.
On both boxes i run orca --text-setup from a terminal, one gives me
speech feedback and it's first question is to select the speech
server. If i select gnome-speech that's where it ends, the verbal
feedback stops although the program isstill continuing, i have to
select speech-dispatcher, not sure why this is. On the secont machine
running orca --text-setup takes me past the select default speech
server and directly to the select default voice option, and no audio
feedback. The second machine does not have speech-dispatcher on it as
the first one does. Both machines have the accessibility USE flag set
in /etc/make.conf. The machine that's working, using speech-dispatcher
is running the default profile, while the other is running the
desktop/gnome profile.
Suggestions welcome. Some urgency!