From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-accessibility] How to set another voice for Espeakup?
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 02:28:09

Hello Cleverson,

The version of espeak in gentoo doesn't currently support switching
voices, so you would have to do something like this as root:

cd /usr/share/espeak-data/voices
cp default default.bak
cp [voice] default

In the second cp command, replace the word [voice] with the voice you
want to use.  For example:

cp en/en-us default

then restart espeakup.

However, I am working on fixing this in espeakup and another release
with this support will be done soon.