From: John Robinson <jbr100uk@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo-accessibility <Gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o>, ntoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-accessibility] How do I start Espeakup under Systemd
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 23:27:35
1 On 31/10/2013, Chris Brannon <teiresias@g.o> wrote:
2 > John Robinson <jbr100uk@×××××.com> writes:
3 >
4 >> anyone on this list have experience of running Espeakup under Systemd?
5 >> If so, I'd be very grateful to hear how you did it.
6 >
7 > There's no .service file included with the espeakup source distribution,
8 > and there isn't one in the auxiliary files directory for the package.
9 > I do have experience running espeakup under systemd on Arch, and your
10 > best bet is probably to grab the .service file from their package. I'll
11 > even make it easy for you with a link:
12 > https://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/community.git/plain/trunk/espeakup.service?h=packages/espeakup
13 > You can put that in /etc/systemd/system, for now.
14 > I haven't tested this on Gentoo and don't plan to do so, but it should
15 > work just fine. You're the guinea pig *grin*.
16 > If it works for you, I'm sure someone will probably be happy to commit it.
17 >
18 > -- Chris
21 Hi Chris. Many thanks for your very prompt reply and for the link to
22 the Espeakup Systemd service file from the Arch Linux distribution. I
23 had been reading about Arch Linux and Espeakup before contacting this
24 list and had even considered borrowing their Espeakup service file, as
25 you suggest. I wasn't sure if that was sensible, however, so thought
26 I'd ask an expert. I'll certainly test the Service file with Gentoo
27 over the weekend and let the Gentoo Accessibility mailing list know
28 whether it works or not.
29
30 Thanks once again for your help.
31