From: Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-accessibility] rfc: Accessibility on our release media
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 23:33:20
William Hubbs, le Fri 22 May 2009 18:25:34 -0500, a écrit :
> On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 01:07:45AM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote: > > > The developers have asked me to sho how big the software is, and I have > > > done that. Basically, if you don't include alsa support, it is > > > somewhere around 3 mb or so. > > > > Compressed? > > I'm not sure what you mean by compressed.
Like gzip-ed or bzip-ed.
> > See the results I got with Debian on > > > >
Here I'm talking about the udebs size (compressed archives, that actually take room on the CD) vs unpacked size (room taken only in memory).
> Part of the difference you are seeing, I think, is that when we install > packages, everything is installed
That's possible indeed. Debian makes a difference between debs and udebs (micro-debs), the latter only containing what is required to start the debian installer. Samuel