From: Whitley CTR Cecil H <WhitleyCH.ctr@××××××××××××××××.mil>
To: "'gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o'" <gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-accessibility] sound under linux
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 16:30:34
1 Hi Deedra,
2
3 >cecil, I would suggest asking on the gentoo-user ml for something like
4 >this, it's possible that one of the people there could help you more
5 >with general linux type questions. I've only had experience with
6 >creative labs cards, so I'm not much use on this one.
7
8 I found the alsa howto which includes instructions for 2.4.x kernels. I'll
9 be working with that tonight. It just surprises me that there is no
10 documentation I could find on 2.4 default behavior and configuration. I
11 guess they're pushing alsa. It would be nice if they would note that in
12 their install guide. Would have saved a lot of wasted time and headache.
13 Regards,
14 Cecil