From: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-accessibility] refreshable braille displays vs. sound cards
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2020 13:04:56
1 Are refreshable braille displays less complex to configure with make
2 menuconfig in /usr/src/linux? If so, that may be a future possibility for
3 me with gentoo since the sound card certainly can't be configured
4 correctly with make menuconfig on this end.
5
6 Menuconfig could benefit by use of hardware testing tools to test existing
7 hardware interactively then select the correct kernel configuration based
8 on such discoveries.
9
10 Maybe genkernel would be a better candidate for such interactive software
11 detection, that I don't know since genkernel isn't how any accessibility
12 gets built into kernels on gentoo if my information is correct.
13
14 To get anything working at all beyond chroot environment I will try
15 installing a pre-built kernel and see what if any accessibility is
16 possible down that path.
20 -- United States has 633 Billionaires with only 10 doing any annual
21 significant giving.