From: "Reber
To: gentoo-admin@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-admin] KVM guest system installation
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 20:35:19
Hi all,

	We are running several gentoo systems in our datacenter with a basic
installation of gentoo (kernel version 2.6.28-gentoo-r5)
In the kernel, we also have included KVM module support, which so far
works fine.

But we now coming to the point where we want to install virtual guest
systems to some of the systems.
Since the servers are kept very basically do we not have any X packages
installed, nor do we plant to.
But from documentation and experience point of view, does it look like
that we exactly do require something like that.

So my question is, is there any way to install a guest system using KVM
without having X system packages installed or a monitor plugged on?
	Meaning booting up the guest system, connecting from the localhost
using some kind of serial console or something like that to connect to
the particular virtual guest and run the installation task?

Thanks and regards,

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-admin] KVM guest system installation Mike Kazantsev <mike_kazantsev@×××××××.net>