From: "J.A.H." <heblack@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-admin@l.g.o, gentoo-users@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-admin] system audit
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 02:46:00
Hi --- Is there a way to print all of the installed programs by
category. I would like to know what development libraries and tools are
installed and also what is installed that I never use.

Basically I want to remove everything not in use so that another upgrade
will take less time. Once I remove a program, library, or something
else, how will I know that there will be no affected dependencies.

Also is there something which will reveal that an executable or library
has never been used or infrequently used.

I have not installed many packages outside the portage sandbox. Most
packages that were installed outside portage were installed in a
non-portage area within usr.

Note: Why are there administration, laptop, and server related posts at
gentoo-user and less at gentoo-admin or the other ones? The amount of
emails at gentoo-user is too high volume IMO.

Why not remove gentoo-user and instead add more lists like
gentoo-install, or whatever else. The gentoo-user list is misleading
since every user using gentoo is a user. It should be removed instead.

File name MIME type
Untitled.gif image/gif