From: gurjit singh dhillon <gurjit_d@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-admin@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-admin] How to restore the session if vnc server is configure as daemon mode
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 10:37:18
Hi All,

I have set up tightvnc as a daemon mode, it is working

User give ipaddress and the predefined port number to
connect the vnc server. The only difference is now
user doesn’t need to login the Linux server and
generate the port number to connect the server through
vnc, now it is asking for login and password to
connect the server.  But here if user close the
session after login or after his job done, and want to
work in the same session after some day or some time,
they are not able to do that.

The earlier scenario was, when ever the user use to
login server and use to run the command vncserver ,
where they use to get the port number to connect the
server through vnc, once they login the session they
were able to save the session till the time they kill
the session manually from Linux server . that mean if
they close the session and want to open the same
session even after some day, they just have to give
the ipaddress and the port number they have login

I believe I have explained nicely, if still any one
didn’t understood let me know.

I have did the configuration of vnc daemon through

Can anybody put some comment on this

Gurjit Dhillon

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time