From: Antoine Junod <toto@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-admin@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-admin] encoding problem
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 16:18:45
1 Hello list,
2
3 I'm facing with a strange encoding problem for quite a long time now,
4 on one of my servers. It seems there is a problem with mysl encoding
5 but i'm not sure of that.
6
7 For example, horde-imp can't store in the db accented letters. It does
8 not launch an error or an exception but simply says it can store the
9 data (a signature, for example). When retreiving accented letters,
10 they are shown as question marks.
11
12 Another example is a fresh installation of phpbb that can't create new
13 messages that contains accented letters. That time, it throws an
14 exception but it does not help (too much generic).
15
16 I've got other servers runnig gentoo linux. They all have the same
17 encoding config (/etc/mysql/my.cnf and /etc/env.d/02locale) but i've
18 the problem only on one machine, the one that have the oldest
19 installation. They are all kept up to date (updated every single day).
20
21 What could I do to try to debug that?
22
23 Thanks a lot for your help.
24
25 -AJ