From: Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>
To: gentoo-admin@g.o
Subject: Fw: Re: [Gentoo-admin] Rsync Mirror setup Notification
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 16:28:29
Begin forwarded message:

Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 16:20:30 -0500
From: "Jose A. Hernandez" <jhboricua@×××××××××.org>
To: Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>

Thanks for the reply Kulleen.  The server will stay the way it is
permanently.  Unless I get laid off from work I will keep running it.  I
only use the line when I'm home after work for general email and stuff.
~ So for the most part of the working day and during the night the
bandwidth (SDSL 1.5Mbps Up & Down) is unused.  Since this line is
company provided and I don't pay for it I figure I could use it for
something rather than leaving it doing nothing.

I have set the max connections parameter to 20.  Feel free to add any
other suggestions if I missed something.  TIA.

- --
Jose A. Hernandez

Seemant Kulleen wrote:
| On Sat, 31 Aug 2002 18:18:09 -0500
| "Jose A. Hernandez" <jhboricua@×××××××××.org> wrote:
|>I have a rsync mirror setup and have tried for about 5 weeks now to get
|>it added to the official rsync mirror round-robin.  I've sent countless
|>emails and have gotten not a single reply to any of them and there is
|>still no activity at my rsync mirror.  This is very frustrating, to say
|>the least.
|>This will be my last try at this.  The way I figure, if this is how ppl
|>that want to help the gentoo community get treated, then maybe they
|>don't deserve help at all.  Sorry if that sounds too harsh, but to be
|>trying for sooo long and not even got one single reply about this is
|><kneels down and begs repeatedly>
|>Please, one more time, I have a rsync mirror ready at this address:
|>Somebody please extend me the little courtesy of a reply on this letting
|>me know if it will be added or not, is all I humbly ask.  TIA.
|>- --
|>Jose A. Hernandez
|>Version: GnuPG v1.0.6-2 (MingW32)
|>Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -
|>Gentoo-admin mailing list
| Hi Jose,
| Thank you so much for the offer.  I am terribly sorry that you have not
| gotten a response to your requests.  An offer of kind help should never
| unanswered.  As I am new to the rsync team, I did not get any previous
| e-mails.  So, let us begin.
| If you could provide us some details as to time restrictions (ie, will
| rsync change in a few weeks/months, etc) and upload limits.  It is our
| experience, you see, that rsync mirrors with a user cap of 10 users
| to cause more frustration for users than solve problems.  Thus, as a
| matter of policy we are only considering mirrors with a minimum cap of
| Please do let me know these things, and I would be more than glad to add
| your rsync mirror to our lists.
| And, again, my sincerest apologies for your having to extend this offer
| multiple times.
| Thanks,
Version: GnuPG v1.0.6-2 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -

Seemant Kulleen
Developer and Project Co-ordinator,
Gentoo Linux

Public Key:
Key fingerprint = 592A 35F7 09CA FAB4 17B3  6E97 72E6 23CC 225E F866