From: Vitaly Kovalyshyn <samael@××××××××.ua>
To: gentoo-admin@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o, gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-admin] Problem with configuring network via '/sbin/ifconfig'
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 09:27:17
1 Hello, everyone!
2
3 On this Sunday I've installed GentooLinux-2005.1 from stage-1 on my box
4 Everthing looks ok! I've emerged bootstap, system and kde-3.5.0_beta2
5
6 Looks ok! But network doesn't work... I start to configure it by hand... and
7 didn't fond ifconfig in system!!!
8
9 there is no /sbin/ifconfig
10
11 How can I fix it? Maybe I missed something? What I must emerge for getting
12 ifconfig and rest network utils???
15 Vitaly Kovalyshyn aka samael
16 ICQ: 169219607
17 e-mail: samael@××××××××.ua
18 Jabber: samael@×××××××××××××××.ua
19
21 Open Your mind from closed Windows - use OpenSource!
22
23 UNIX is user-friendly; it's just picky about its friends!!!
24 UNIX is simple; it just takes a genius to understand its simplicity!!!