From: Colin Morey <Peitolm@g.o>
To: kapil shukla <kapils@×××××××.in>
Cc: admin@g.o
Subject: [Gentoo-admin] Re: Rsync server
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 05:15:22
1 On Sun, 2002-08-18 at 01:49, kapil shukla wrote:
2 > Dear sir,
3 > We are some students from Indian institute of technology kanpur, and we
4 > have a firewalled LAN. We have a big Red hat community but a small but
5 > dedicated community for linux gentoo as well.We want to install a local
6 > Rsync server at our place for LAN use as because of firewall we cant make
7 > it international.So kindly let me know if you can help us in some way.We
8 > are already hosting a Gentoo mirror for our LAN,and a Rsync
9 > server will be more helpful for to enhance the people to get more use to
10 > the use of Gentoo.
11 >
12 Simple, setup an rsync server as specified in the rsync documentation
13 found at http://www.gentoo.org/doc/mirroring.html, then set your
14 SYNC variable in make.conf to point to your local rsync machine.
15
16 Cheers,
17 Colin Morey,
18 Aka, Peitolm@g.o