From: Allan Spagnol Comar <allan.comar@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-admin@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-admin] Distributed administration of gentoo - easy or hard?
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 17:26:27
1 one of the solutions is to get your better machine and cross compiling
2 to the others....
3
4 In my case it helps.
5
6 :)
7
8 On 1/23/06, Andrew Kesterson <andrew@××××××.net> wrote:
9 > I've recently begun admining a few gentoo boxes in a distributed
10 > setting (mainly boxes that my friends asked me to set up for them on a
11 > personal, at-home basis.) I'm noticing that while portage makes updates
12 > alot smoother, compiling them takes forever, especially on initial
13 > installations. OpenOffice installs and updates are particularly heinous.
14 > How do you guys handle this? Do you configure all your systems the
15 > same, and set up a binary package host on the system somewhere for them to
16 > fetch binaries from? Or do you just use straight portage?
17 > --
18 > gentoo-admin@g.o mailing list
24 An application asked:
25 "Requeires Windows 9x, NT4 or better",
26 so I´ve installed Linux
29 gentoo-admin@g.o mailing list