From: Ralph Seichter <gentoo-ml@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-admin@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-admin] How to satisfy Portage dependencies with dummy packages (or other methods)?
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 08:22:02
1 Georgi Georgiev wrote:
2
3 > Now try to read my previous... well... wanna-be-an-answer :)
4
5 I think that now I understand what you tried to tell me. ;-)
6
7 # /etc/portage/profile/package.provided (1)
8 mail-mta/ssmtp-2.61
9
10 alone will not suffice, additionally
11
12 # /etc/portage/profile/virtuals (2)
13 virtual/mta mail-mta/ssmtp
14
15 is required to make sure that emerge does not install any of the
16 other "virtual MTA" packages.
17
18 What I still don't know if the setting (1) prevents future Versions
19 of ssmtp, say ssmtp-2.72, from being installed. Put in other words,
20 are packages in package.provided ever updated by "emerge --update
21 --deep world"? As I wrote before I don't know if I should add them
22 to package.mask aswell to prevent updates, and if the absolute path
23 is /etc/portage/profile/package.mask or /etc/portage/package.mask?
26 Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Sincerely
27 Dipl. Inform. Ralph Seichter
30 gentoo-admin@g.o mailing list