From: Emmanuel Poitier <epoitier@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-admin@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-admin] emerge problem
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 09:16:23
1 Hi,
2
3 I have gentoo installed on a Cyrix 686 133Mhz ... slow, but works nice,
4 and with optimization flags set, seems flying ;)
5 Anyway, I always noticed (even with others distrib) that on that
6 computer long compilations break at some points
7 with Segmentation Fault (SIG 11). But as soon as you restart the
8 compilation from where you were, it continues, and
9 finishes the build. Is it possible to tell emerge not to clean the
10 package you try to update, or hack the emerge
11 scripts to be able to specify an error count (and until the error count
12 is not reached, retry to relaunch the build
13 without cleaning it).
14
15 Thanks a lot
16 Emmanuel