From: Ludwig Ruderstaller <lr@××××××××××.com>
To: arkeia-userlist@××××××.com, gentoo-admin@g.o
Cc: gu@××××××××××.com
Subject: [gentoo-admin] arkeia crash on gentoo clients
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 16:48:39

I run Arkeia 5.0.14 clients (IA32 Intel, Glibc 2.2) on Gentoo
(glibc 2.2.5) servers.
Also running on the clients is the Arkeia mysqlplugin. (5.0.14)

Configuration is standard.

If i use the network navigator (xarkeia) i can browse all clients
without problems, sometimes a client dies _after_ the access with the
network navigator. It seems that if the arkeia server trys to connect
the clients the arkeiad process crash. I also tested it without having
the mysql plugin running, same situation.

To install the mysql plugin i had to link
/usr/lib/ -> /usr/lib/
after that navigation in mysql wasnt a problem.

This behavior I only have on the gentoo clients, no problems at redhat
clients (RH 6.2)

Any suggestion what i should do ?

Ludwig Ruderstaller

Pixelwings Medien GmbH
Kandlgasse 15/5                          Phone: +43 1 524 58 50 - 56
A - 1070 Wien	 		         Fax:   +43 1 524 58 50 - 10
Key fingerprint = E576 A0D2 5368 63FF F2E8  DC6A 2C6F A425 7DB6 A2C9

The moral behind the movie 'The Matrix' is even if you are the almighty 'One' you still have to answer the telephone.