From: Justin Krejci <jus@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-admin@l.g.o
Cc: Easy-Things Info <info@×××××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-admin] Newbie admin - help with mysql
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 11:33:41
1 On Wednesday 20 September 2006 21:58, Easy-Things Info wrote:
2 > How do I tell gentoo that I don't want - under any circumstances -
3 > emerge to automatically install mysql?
4 > I am using binaries and sources straight from mysql.com.
5 >
6 > I used -mysql in my USE in /etc/make.conf but it doesn't work
7 >
8 > If I try to emerge -p world it tells me that it will install mysql 4.1.x
9 >
10 > Any suggestions?
11
12 I know others have already provided suggestions but I have found emerge's -t
13 option useful when tracking down dependancies.
14 As in
15 emerge -vDupt world
16 --
17 gentoo-admin@g.o mailing list