From: Colin Morey <colin@××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: Damon Conway <kabau@g.o>
Cc: admin@g.o
Subject: Re: [Gentoo-admin] Rsync minimum connection limits
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 11:41:29
1 On Mon, 2002-08-26 at 17:10, Damon Conway wrote:
2 > So does you guys have any thoughts or opinions on this subject?
3 >
4 At the moment i'm currently trying to get more info on the current
5 network as it stands.
6
7 I'm starting to get the impression that we should define the minimum as
8 512k bandwidth with a minimum of 20 max connections, i'll have better
9 information as the reports filter in and I have time to collate the
10 information.
11 It seems that the issue is more of balancing the load across the
12 available servers as we certainly have spare capacity across the network
13 and I've got some ideas to help with that, but they're still deep in
14 developement atm.
15
16 Colin Morey