From: marceluda <marceluda@×××××××××.ar>
To: gentoo-admin@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-admin] Problem with sudo
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 13:45:06
Hello, I'm new in the list and I don't know if this is the placefor askin about a strange problem
I'm having.

I finished a clean instalation of gentoo 2005.1 from the CD in a pentium4 machine.
I installed sudo (emerge app-admin/sudo) and tryed tu use it but I get the following error:

magi ~ # sudo
sudo: can't open /etc/sudoers: Permission denied
sendmail: Cannot open mail:25

 From any user, even from root. The file perms are ok:

magi ~ # ls -l /etc/sudoers
-r--r-----  1 root root 1645 Aug 24 09:41 /etc/sudoers

I used the following USE params in the installation:

CFLAGS="-O2 -march=pentium3"
USE="acl bzip2 cdr chroot clamav clamd clanJavaScript dvd dvdr elf ethereal
      extensions iconv libclamav maildir md5sum memlimit mpm-worker
      no-htdocs openntpd openssh openssl qmail rar reiserfs savedconfig
      screen smp spamassassin sse sysfs vhosts vim-pager virus-scan
      vpopmail xfs -X -avi -berkdb -bitmap-fonts -emboss -gnome -gtk
      -gtk2 -ipv6 -kde -mad -mikmod -mp3 -mpeg -oggvorbis -opengl -qt
      -quicktime -truetype -truetype-fonts -type1-fonts -xmms"

I don't know if one of these USEs can affect the instalation, I think not, because sudo only uses:
[ebuild   R   ] app-admin/sudo-1.6.8_p9  -ldap -offensive +pam -skey 0 kB

Can anybody help me?

PS: Sorry for my bad english
gentoo-admin@g.o mailing list