From: Andrew Kesterson <andrew@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-admin@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-admin] Distributed administration of gentoo - easy or hard?
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 17:13:07
1 I've recently begun admining a few gentoo boxes in a distributed
2 setting (mainly boxes that my friends asked me to set up for them on a
3 personal, at-home basis.) I'm noticing that while portage makes updates
4 alot smoother, compiling them takes forever, especially on initial
5 installations. OpenOffice installs and updates are particularly heinous.
6 How do you guys handle this? Do you configure all your systems the
7 same, and set up a binary package host on the system somewhere for them to
8 fetch binaries from? Or do you just use straight portage?
9 --
10 gentoo-admin@g.o mailing list