From: Brady Catherman <bradyc@××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-admin@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-admin] pam.d and Kerberos
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 21:11:06
Has anybody been able to get the pam_krb5 module to actually issue
tickets on login?

I have modified my system-auth every which way from Sunday but I
can't get tickets authorized at all on my 2006.0 system. My ultimate
goal is to get the AFS tickets issued so users home directories are
mounted when the login in. I can use kinit / aklog right now and get
tickets but it still will not issue tickets on login.

Here is my current system-auth. does anybody have suggestions or an
example of a known working system-auth file?

auth       required
auth       sufficient likeauth nullok
auth       sufficient try_first_pass forwardable
#auth       sufficient use_first_pass ignore_root
#auth       sufficient try_first_pass
auth       required

account    required
#account    sufficient try_first_pass ignore_root
account    sufficient
#account    sufficient
account    sufficient

password   required difok=2 minlen=8 dcredit=2
ocredit=2 retry=3
password   sufficient nullok md5 shadow use_authtok
password   sufficient try_first_pass use_authtok debug
#password   sufficient use_authtok use_first_pass
password   required

session    required
session    required
#session    sufficient