From: Ralph Seichter <gentoo-ml@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-admin@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-admin] How to satisfy Portage dependencies with dummy packages (or other methods)?
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 10:14:19
1 Georgi Georgiev wrote:
2
3 > echo 'mail-mta/postfix-2.2.4' >>
4 > /etc/portage/profile/package.provided
5
6 I have tried this, but ssmtp still gets installed:
7
8 # mkdir /etc/portage/profile
9 # echo 'mail-mta/postfix-2.2.4' >>
10 /etc/portage/profile/package.provided
11 # emerge --update --deep world
12 Calculating world dependencies ...done!
13 >>> emerge (1 of 1) mail-mta/ssmtp-2.61 to /
14 [...]
15
16 However, adding "mail-mta/ssmtp-2.61" to package.provided seems to
17 do the trick. Thank you, Georgi! Will this prevent future ssmtp
18 versions from being installed, or should I add it to package.mask
19 aswell? If so, would that be /etc/portage/profile/package.mask or
20 /etc/portage/package.mask?
23 Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Sincerely
24 Dipl. Inform. Ralph Seichter
27 gentoo-admin@g.o mailing list